Summertime and cocktails go hand-in-hand; you simply can't have one without the other! So in celebration of summer being just around the corner, we're celebrating our favorite cocktails of the season today! These are great for enjoying poolside, at the beach, or at an outdoor garden party.
And because summer can be hectic, causing you to be always on-the-go, why not serve your cocktails in a cup that matches your lifestyle? Our stemless travelers are prefect for this! You can take them anywhere, and they're much more convenient than a plastic cup. You can even personalize them, too. What's not to love?
(Recipes courtesy of Martha Stewart)
3 tablespoons grenadine
3 tablespoons Cointreau
2 tablespoons brandy
1 3/4 cups champagne
Raspberries, apples, or other seasonal fruit
Fill a small ice bucket halfway with ice. Pour grenadine, Cointreau, brandy, and champagne over ice. Stir gently, and ladle punch into 2 wide-mouthed stemmed glasses. Garnish punch with raspberries, apples, or any other fruit in season.
Cucumber Ginger Fizzes
1 1/2 cups vodka
2 English cucumbers; 1 peeled and coarsely chopped, 1 left whole
1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
2 bottles (750 mL each) sparkling water
1/2 to 1 cup Ginger Simple Syrup
1. Put vodka and chopped cucumber in a nonreactive container. Refrigerate 1 hour. Strain; discard cucumber. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use, up to 2 days.
2. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the remaining cucumber lengthwise into wide strips; discard seeds.
3. Fill eight tumblers with ice. Add 3 cucumber strips and 3 tablespoons infused vodka to each glass. Squeeze, then drop, a lime wedge into each. Top with sparkling water; stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons syrup.
7 1/2 pounds seedless watermelon, rind removed, fruit cut into 1-inch cubes
4 teaspoons superfine sugar
6 ounces (3/4 cup) silver tequila
24 basil leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
3 ounces (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons) triple sec
6 cups small ice cubes
1. Place 24 watermelon cubes on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Cover, and freeze at least 1 hour (up to 2 days).
2. Puree remaining watermelon and the sugar in a blender until smooth. Pass through a sieve lined with cheesecloth into a bowl. (You should have 3 cups.)
3. Place tequila and basil in a glass pitcher, and crush with a wooden spoon. Stir in watermelon juice and triple sec.
4. Place watermelon cubes in glasses. Using a cocktail shaker, mix 3/4 cup margarita with 1 cup ice. Strain into a glass. Repeat. Serve garnished with basil.
Lemony Spiked Sweet Tea
7 cups water
6 orange pekoe tea bags
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/3 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup Bacardi 151 or other high-proof golden rum
Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
1. Bring 4 cups of the water to a boil in a medium saucepan and add the tea bags. Remove the pan from the heat, cover it, and allow the tea bags to steep for 5 minutes.
2. Remove and discard the tea bags. Add the sugar to the saucepan and stir until dissolved. Add the remaining 3 cups water and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to a pitcher, and add the lemon juice and rum. Chill thoroughly before serving.
3. Serve over ice, in tall glasses garnished with mint sprigs.